Monday, April 28, 2008

Small Victories @ the Track

I've posted before that I'm doing a run/walk combination as I start back up. Today I ran 3 miles - no walk breaks. When I say ran - I mean RAN! I walked .25 to warm up but then ran the 3 miles and then cooled down with a walk too. I had to stop after the first mile to put Q's big bouncy ball away as the wind was fierce and it was blowing all over the track, but that was such a quick break I'm not counting it! LOL. I felt really great about the run even though it was only 3 miles. Tomorrow I'll do 7 -- the first time I've done 7 in a VERY long time. I'm sure I'll be fine. Tonight I think I'm finally going to sit down and put a schedule together for a fall marathon. I need to get something written up -- look ahead to where I need to be at certain times during the summer and then just keep going. I'm on a good path right now.... I'm still a massive ball of flabby jiggle, but I hope in time it'll be all but a distant memory. How's that for positive thinking?????

1 comment:

Heather said...

Great Job Shell!
Those small victories add up!