Thursday, April 10, 2008

Endurance is not just physical.

I was thinking last night as I left my good friend Heather's house, that I should start this blog up again. But then I thought.... what have you done lately? Endurance-wise? Nothing came to my mind. I've had an incredibly tough year. I know now that I was depressed almost all of 2007. I have a family history of this and finally got some help towards the end of the year. I am much happier now, but that depression and some minor injuries have set me back to the point of no return..... or so I thought.

I had an epiphany last night.... isn't LIFE an endurance sport? I mean, think about it... just getting up everyday, getting your kids off to school, working, trying to get a workout in, dinner, grocery shopping, extra curricular activities... it's all endurance. Nothing to be ashamed of if you can't get in a workout or fall very far behind. I feel like something clicked last night. I can still be a marathoner, a duathlete, and an endurance QUEEN even if I haven't run more than 4 miles in the last 6 months. My immediate past does not negate my past history of races and where my heart lies, nor does it negate my future.

Here's to endurance.... of all kinds.

I'm back!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love it!!

Well said, life IS an endurance sport! And you are like a triathalete of life...work, kids, church, fitness.. more like an Olympian!!

Loved reading your post, I feel very motivated!!