Saturday, April 26, 2008

Treadmill Comeback

I think you all know how much I loathe the treadmill. Well, today the girls didn't have ballet due to a dance competition so I couldn't drop them and literally run. DH is working so I had to hit the Dreadmill or do nothing at all. I procrastinated until around 11:30 and then finally jumped on. I walked the first .25 for a warm up then put on a podcast - 137 bpm - and just ran to like jungle chanting music -- just beats. It was AWESOME. I could feel it pumping through my veins and down my legs. I felt like I was flying. Now, I'm still doing a big of scheduled walking just so I don't injure myself starting back after 7 months off running with 6 or so miles. I just can't have another injury so in order to get the distance in I'm running 6 minutes and then walking 90 seconds. It doesn't seem like much but mentally breaking things down in to 7-1/2 minute chunks seems to work for me.

Anyway, I just wanted to pipe up and say the treadmill isn't as bad of an option as it once was. I feel really great about myself today that I got my 6 miles in instead of moping around my house looking out the windows to the gorgeous day outside and feeling dejected because I couldn't be out in it.

BUCK UP PEOPLE and just RUN!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Way to go! I am so glad you did it and that it was great.