Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tuesday - update

... do I really need to update everyday? I'm sure whoever is reading is thinking no... maybe even hell no, but I think for my mind and my motivation I need to.

So last night as I was grinding out my 3ish on the TM after 9 pm, I started thinking, yet again, about doing more walking. Just to increase stamina and of course to burn calories so that I can be a thinner runner. LOL. I got up this AM earlier than usual and walked a brisk (15 minute mile) 3 miles. Yes, it took me 45 minutes, but I listed to Steve Runner and his podcast about the 1983 Boston Marathon and it was invigorating. I loved it so much I want to do it again... NOW... but I must work, so I must wait and do it again tomorrow morning. I still have my running to do tonight, but the walking was just nice, ya know? I'm going to keep a separate tally of the walking mileage rather than group it with my running. I still want to log the running mileage as runs. I'll update my running mileage tonight.

It's amazing how much better I feel every day.... really a refreshing cycle to be in.

S

EDIT:
I did get my 6-miler in and it felt great.... it gave me great hope that I'll be back in shape at some point in time... yes, vague, but I think it'll happen.

6 comments:

Lori said...

I love Fdip too!
--just discovered your blog.;)
I haven't done much walking lately...maybe it's that "wonderful" weather we've been having. But, in the past I've done a lot--even on heavy workout days (triathlon). Not only does it justify eating a bit more, but it is great for recovery.
I'm running my first marathon here in a couple weeks... so I'll be seeing what I can do time-wise. I hope I can run under 4 hours like you eventually--maybe not this time I don't know. Any advice for me on first one?

Sherri said...

I am glad you are feeling better and feeling better from running/walking :) it is good for your soul right?

Shel said...

Lori -- I replied on your blog re: the marathon. Now, I want to pick your brain re: tris! I've done duathlons but have not done a tri yet. It may be on schedule for next year.

Oh, and getting to a sub-4 is do-able.... it took me 11 marathons to get there... and I've only done 2 out of my 15 sub-4. Some were really close though -- 4:02ish.....

You'll do great!

Shel said...

Hey Sher -- yes... I feel better! I feel like I'm in a 'happy' place! LOL

Heather said...

in response to the do I need to update every day question?

HELL YES.

Shel said...

LOL Heather -- now, go clean your mouth out with soap!