Friday, May 02, 2008

On the Road

This week has been a test of time. Such a struggle to get everything done. Obstacles that weren't planned on, getting in the way, and not being able to recover. I DID get my 7-mile run in that was scheduled for Tuesday.... on Thursday. Today I did a really hilly 4 miles. It's a crazy route that is just hill after hill. If I'm short on time and want a good workout, this is the run to do.

I'm planning on a run tomorrow - not sure the distance yet, 6 would be nice. I haven't once this week gotten in any weights. I need to take another look at my schedule and re-vamp a little for next week. I'm feeling very motivated and good about what I'm doing. No, I'm no where near my fitness level of the last two years -- however, I'm still running a consistent sub-9 on shorter distance and my 'tired' pace at the end of longer runs is around 9:45. No, this isn't the optimum pace I'd like. I'd like to get to sub-9 all of the time... but for being off for 7 months I'm surprised at how well I'm doing. When I do my run/walk on my longer distance - running 11 minutes and walking 4 minutes of every 15 minute segment - I'm still clipping along right around 10-10:30. This is good considering the walk breaks. So... all in all I'm happy with the progress of the last couple weeks and just once on a Friday I'd like to report that I got in ALL intended exercise for the week. Cross your fingers next week finds us with clear skies and not a lot of hidden obstacles that wreck the best-laid plans.

Shel

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Good job and I am glad you are feeling well

rr said...

You're on your way Shell.. and currently running a lot more than I am! WTG :)