Saturday, May 17, 2008

Feelin' Groovy

Got in a really great run today. I was actually one of those runs where you literally raise your hands over your head and whoop whoop. It felt good..... just a really invigorating run. Robb had the day off today so I got to go run early this morning down on Beach Drive. There were lots of wonderful smells and sounds to enjoy. I ran with my iPod on low and just went slow and kept my HR low. At the end of the run I picked up the pace and did the last mile a little faster. I felt like running more than 8 miles but knew that I shouldn't or COULDN'T run more because I want to be strong for next week and don't want to up the mileage too quickly. I walked another 2 miles and just enjoyed the sites and sounds.

I think the key to happy running for me is being outside. I NEED that fresh air that the outdoors bring. I really will concentrate on getting myself in gear and getting out the door in the mornings. I know this will be nearly impossible during the summer because of the girls, but maybe I'll look into getting a babysitter/nanny for the mornings.

I think I'm rambling now.... but I'm really excited... wish I could feel this good every day. Maybe soon?

No comments: