Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Night Running

Felt really home-bound today with Q still being sick. It's really frustrating to be motivated and then have something get in your way of exercise. Now, I will say, I do enjoy mothering my children, especially when they are ill. I love how the climb in my lap and just want to be held and comforted. They won't always be little enough to sit on my lap, I know this, so it's days like today that I try to savor even though she's sick... it's still nice to be needed.

I got out the door around 8:30 PM. I was supposed to do 6 today but only got in 3. I'll just try to tack on a few extra miles on Saturday. I think I only have 5 scheduled for that day, so 8 will fit in nicely. The sun was just getting beyond the trees and it was cool and crisp out. Not too much traffic to deal with and the air just smelled fresh. Definitely been cooped up a little too much the last couple days!

I was able to run the entire 3 miles without stopping. Big whoopee, huh? but it's been awhile since I've been able to do that consistently. Only 18-1/2 weeks left. Must keep trucking along. I need to really watch the ol' diet a lot closer.

2 comments:

rr said...

woman, I would kill to run 3 miles :) Nice job. I love being out in the dark.

Love the new pic up top!

Heather said...

Hey Shell!

3 miles!! WOO HOO!! Great job, I thought last night was absolutely beautiful too!

You are doing awesome!