Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Joy of Spinning

Could there be a more fun type of cross-training? I'm not sure there is. It is such a rush to be in a class and just spin your little heart out. Our instructor, Steve, is a really nice guy but he'll throw out these comments like 'let's see... I don't think anyone here wants to sprint do they' looking directly at me. Of course I'm a good sprinter when I spin. My legs just pound around the bike like there's no tomorrow. I close my eyes and just find my happy place. I just love how I sweat and drip after a cycling class. Just wish I could do it more than once a week.

Oh, as I left class I told Steve I could have swore he was racing me there during one of the last sprints. His reply: 'I might have been' with a devious little smile on his face. I love that he's competitive in his own 'teacher' way.

No comments: