Friday, June 27, 2008

Finding my grey area

I had a long chat with my nutritionist on Thursday and she told me again what I already know, and that is I'm black and white. I either do something 100% or not at all. I'm having a really hard time finding that happy medium -- my grey area.

I need to be more consistent with my running AND my nutrition. I know that life throws things at us... almost every day that we need to just pick up, dust off and continue on. It's this way with running -- a day that you slog through a run and wonder WHY am I even doing this... why am I out here? Or you have a piece of cake at a co-workers birthday party and decide you entire diet for the day is blown so why not eat the chips too. It's time to look at these as events to learn and grow from. WHY was that run bad -- did you hydrate properly? not enough sleep last night? Why can't you just enjoy the cake and stop there... maybe a salad for dinner instead of the heavier dinner you'd planned? The entire day is full of decisions that will make or break your fitness and nutrition regime. The plan is to tailor these decisions to make your day the best it can possibly be.

I'm going to really try this week to plan - plan exercise and plan nutrition. I need to do it daily because things fluctuate so much in the summer with school out that it's hard to make a weekly schedule and stick to it.

I'm ready to take the black and white out of my life and blend it together -- grey area, here I come.

2 comments:

These Small Hours said...

I totally agree! I think we are a lot alike because I do the exact same thing. I'm trying to find some moderation too. It's hard for me though.......anyway, this post could have been written by me! Thanks for the reminder of things I know but can never hear enough. Love you.

Jessa Dawn said...

haha.
so funny i have the same problem!
it must run in the family.
=]