Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Well, it's official.

I'm going to Twin Cities to run this fall. It will be so much fun. I purchased my flight today so I guess there is no turning back.

Three things must happen before Oct 5th.

  1. MUST lose some weight as I don't want to be the lone fatty there.
  2. MUST get my pace back up to where I was - #1 should help with this.
  3. MUST get in all my training runs. I'm only doing 4 runs a week with cross-training so I should be able to accomplish this. This should help me with accomplish #1.
Those are easy, right? Well, not so easy with two kids, a full time job, husband, household and all the other duties of mommy and wife -hood.

Cross your fingers I get this all figured out.

Twin Cities here I come!

5 comments:

Sherri said...

so glad you are going! IT will be so much fun for you and good to have some motivation :)

rr said...

Yea! I am so glad you're going too.

Everyone you're meeting there loves you and doesn't give a rat's butt what you weigh. I want you to be happy with your weight and pace, but you know, for you.

I wish I could come :) - rach

Lori said...

Nothing like making thing "official" to bring on some serious motivation...I know it does the job for me.

What made you pick twin cities?

I lived out there awhile (a long while ago..)

Lori

Shel said...

Lori -- I picked TCM because I have about 10 friends that I'll be meeting up with. Last year we all met in Chicago and one gal lives in MN so it was an easy choice.

PDX and TCM are on the same day... so we'll be 'training' together!

Good luck!

Heather said...

Congratulations Shelleena! You will do great!

Everyone is going to be so lucky to spend that weekend with YOU!!

:)