Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Too Long

It's been a long time since I have posted anything. Basically my life as I knew it fell through the floor in July. I found out my husband of 10 years was in love with a 24 year old girl and I made him leave.

So, this is yet another test of endurance. I'm finding a lot of strength in being on my own with my girls. Going through finances and getting things separated and ready for divorce is not a small thing. But it's necessary. I haven't been too emotional, mainly just really focused on things I can effect. I'm sure the wave of emotions will come later. I mean they do come, but it's not all the time.

My girls took an extended vacation to be with their grandparents and I think that has helped them adjust. They just came back and knew he wasn't going to be here anymore. They'll still see him but how often still remains to be seen.

My running and exercising has taken a back seat to life yet again. TCM is like 8 weeks away - or possibly less. The longest run I'd done prior to the upheaval was 12 miles. I'm going to attempt 14 this weekend. We'll see if I can just get back in the saddle again. I NEED to do TCM. It won't be pretty, that's for sure, but it's going to be my race - the race I did while going through the hardest thing I've ever had to do.... saying goodbye to my husband.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Awww, Shell... Huge hugs. I'm glad to see you posting. I wish I could be at TCM to cheer you on.

Heth said...

Thinking of you often Shel. What a meaningful race that is going to be.

You are such a strong woman.

(heather from fitmoms)

rr said...

You know we all love you and are thinking of you, Shelleena. Hang in there.

Get out there and do the long stuff, you will love it again eventually and you need some quiet time right now.

cydnee said...

Good to see you posting! This race will be the beginning of healing in your heart..I am happy to be there to cheer you on. I think of you daily.
~cyd

Misty said...

oh my goodness shelleena. you are one tough cookie. hang in there and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if you need anything. I'm a quick drive away and have plenty of spare time these days.

we missed you today!

Shel said...

Misty -- Hey I had to go to Seattle Friday and forgot to tell you guys! Sorry.... darn that work!

You know... you shouldn't offer time! I'm re-doing a lot of my house so I might just take you up on it! Hehehehe.

Thanks for the offer!
Shelleena